Mojalaki Country Club has been a landmark in Franklin, NH for 100 years. Through the decades, it has undergone many small renovations through different ownerships and challenging economic times. The clubhouse has always had “great bones”, but was in desperate need of some love and attention.
In 2019 new owners purchased Mojalaki with the goal of restoring the clubhouse. In the early months of 2020, Mojalaki Country Club underwent the start of the most complete and expansive restoration in the history of the Mojalaki property.
To say the renovation was major is an understatement. Here is a short list of the changes and upgrades:
- Interior walls stripped to accommodate new plumbing and electrical
- Bathrooms were expanded to meet ADA compliance
- The grand wood floor was stripped of decades of warn finish
- Every window in the building has been replaced
- All outlets and lights have been replaced
- New carpet, tile and floor finishes throughout the country club
- Upper and lower level ceilings have been replaced
- New elegant sink, toilets and fixtures in the bathrooms
- Warn vinyl siding has been completely replaced
- Upper Overlook deck and lower covered deck were rebuilt with new decking and railings.
- New oversized glass French doors overlook Mt Kearsarge from the main ballroom
The renovation has had its share of challenges, to say the least! The COVID epidemic put a strain on all of the contractors who have helped with this project. Building materials have been backordered for months. But everyone who has worked on this project has gone above and beyond to push through these delays.
Mojalaki Country Club is truly something to see and we are so excited to share this with the community. There are a few more odds and ends to finish up, but we are now accepting bookings for the 2021 season and beyond.